Considerations for cold Storage
- The principle of the cold in the enclosure; It is necessary to ensure that fruits and vegetables can be performed at the lowest level with the condition of not stopping the metabolism activities strictly.
- The appropriate conditions are by adjusting the temperature and relative humidity.
- Optimum temperature; The product does not move to the freezing point, reducing the respiratory level.
- Optimum humidity ratio; The product does not cause water loss, decrease in quantity, deterioration in the product, wrinkled and does not lead to the internal blackout.
- The correct temperature is determined and the use of the warehouses is very important for the life of the product.
- For example, upgrading the temperature to 1 °c in apple storage leads to a loss of 13% in the storage life.
- The fruit that is ripped from the branch needs to be slowed down as soon as the respiratory rate is needed, so it should be cooled.
- Holding the apple of the warehouse at 25 °c for 1 day reduces the life of the warehouse between 6-20 days.
- Products should be stored in accordance with the technique in conditions where natural structures will not be disturbed.
- In frozen products, storage should be made at temperatures lower than-18 ° C.
- In cold storage, the product must be stored at temperatures of 1-2 ° C from freezing temperatures.
- Because each product has its own temperature and humidity value, placing more than one product in the same warehouse can not be stored in the desired conditions and leads to product losses.
- The amount of moisture in the tank can cause condensation of the water and the deterioration of the products.
- The floor should be smooth, the walls are smooth, easy to clean, the plaster is not spilling, the products should not be negatively impacted.
- Ceiling and roofs of the warehouse; To prevent leaking,
- It should be insulated to prevent the temperature changes from being affected.
- The ceiling should be stacked in a way that does not prevent air flow by leaving a gap of 80-90 cm between the top surface of the tank.
- Otherwise, the product placed in front of the evaporator may freeze, but the products at the points where cold air is not reached may not be cooled enough.